Sunday, May 2, 2010

This, I Believe

This, I believe...

When out in the woods I find myself with lots of time to think and ponder about random things. These thoughts range from ways to improve my dinner pot that night to brilliant breakthroughs that surprise even myself. I want to start getting some of this down on paper before I forget it, so I’ve decided to add a third section to my blog illustrating some things that I believe to be true. Most of my writing is done in the field – so I won’t have a lot of access to sources to pool from. If I can recall something that I’ve learned in the past then I will conclude that it has become part of my general opinion and won’t hesitate in including it.

Also – as these writings reflect speculations/ideas/thoughts/theories that I currently hold as belief – they stand apart from those things that I know to be true. I accept that over time and with experience that they may change, adjust, be discarded, or possibly develop into something that I know to be true.

For this reason I title these writings, “This, I believe…”

Here are some things that I’ve been thinking about lately and plan to write about:
- Trust – How society operates
- Debt – avoid it
- The purpose of a fast/getting to a high place
- Sin – a necessary evil
- Adaptive Child vs Alma challenge

1 comment:

  1. Hey David,
    Your This I Believe Post is amazing. I love the simple truths you demonstrated. Thanks

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete