Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Little About Me

I'm from a small town north of Spokane, Washington where I was born and raised. I'm the youngest of 6 kids and am NOT spoiled - contrary to common belief. I love life and enjoy most the smiles of other people.

In high school I was a three sport athlete - Football, Wrestling, and Track. Great parents, teachers, coaches, church leaders, and other mentors have helped me shape my life and found the character and persona that I am today.

I graduated from Jenkins High School in 2006 and worked the following summer with Gib Earl and Dale Schurger keeping bees and harvesting honey. I then served a two year mission to a humble people of Guatemala where my love for my Savior was engrained upon my soul.

I have since returned and am continuing my education at the University of Brigham Young - Idaho. I'm studying Spanish Education and aspire to be an Administrator. I love the Rexburg campus and all that is has to offer. I'm extremely involved with Student Activities - ranging from Outdoor Adventures to Coaching Track to running Campus Dances to working in the Office as a secretary.


Through all my experiences I'm learning that you get out of life what you put into it - no matter what cards you are dealt. Take advantage of every opportunity to do good and good will find its way back to you.

My career goals are to complete my education at BYU-I, teach a few years wherever I'm hired, jump into a master's program to get my Administrative Credentials, land my first Admin job before I'm 30, work my tail off for 35-40 years, and finally retire.

Other goals include that of finding someone who can put up with me and all my quarks - have 10 or 15 kids (just kidding...) - raise up a family - and make a positive impact in my sphere of influence.


If I had complete control over what others thought of me, I would use only one word - honorable. And though I've been known for many things - not all positive - I'd like above all else to be recognized by my own as a good husband and father. I'd like to invest my greatest and most valuable resources back into my own family. I feel like those relationships that I establish here in this world are one of the few things that I will be able to take with me to the next. May God and whoever else help me to accomplish these things.

2 comments:

  1. David!! I'm so happy you have a blog so I can stalk you!!

    love your cousin
    hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. The saying they saved the best for last comes to mind when I think of you. You are the best and I love you.

    ReplyDelete